Missouri Mesonet Weather Data
The Real-Time maps are current weather conditions from Missouri Mesonet weather stations across the state of Missouri.
The locations (city/town) included on each map are Albany, Brunswick, Butler, Columbia, Cook Station, Green Ridge, Lamar, Linneus, Monroe City, Moscow Mills, Mount Vernon, Mountain Grove, Novelty,
Portageville, St. Joseph, Unionville, Vandalia, Versailles and Williamsburg.
The Real-Time maps display weather data that is updated every 5 minutes.
- Temperature: Temperature is the degree of hotness or coldness and is measured in degrees fahrenheit.
- Accumulated Precipitation: Precipitation is the fall of water, ice, or snow deposited on the surface of Earth and is measured in inches. For this map it is the the amount of precipitation that has accumulated since MIDNIGHT of the current day.
- Wind Speed and Direction: Wind Speed is the rate of the movement of wind/air flow in distance per unit of time and is measured in miles per hour (mph). Wind Direction is is the direction from which the wind is blowing and is measured with reference to 360 degrees on the compass, and expressed to the nearest degree, going in a clockwise direction, or to any one of the 16 points on a compass (N, NNE, NE, ENE, E, ESE, SE, SSE, S, SSW, SW, WSW, W, WNW, NW, NNW).
- Soil Temperature: Soil Temperature is the degree of hotness or coldness of bare soil and is measured at depths of 2 and 4 inches in degrees fahrenheit.
- Dew Point Temperature: Dew Point Temperature is the temperature to which the air would have to cool (at constant pressure and constant water vapor content) in order to reach saturation and is measured in degrees fahrenheit.
- Relative Humidity: Relative Humidity is the ratio of the water vapor density (mass per unit volume) to the saturation water vapor density and is measured in a percent of.
- Solar Radiation: Solar Radiation is radiant energy emitted by the sun and is measured in watts per square meter.