Our Vision and Mission
The Community Food Systems and Sustainable Agriculture Programís VISION is:
- To become an instrumental support for farms and communities concerned with sustainability to increase and secure their economic viability.
- To support the application of sustainable practices to conserve and enhance Missouriís natural resources.
- To encourage and support producers and consumers participating in community food systems and community decision-making processes.
At the core of the MISSION, the Community Food Systems and Sustainable Agriculture Program will:
- Build Human and Social Capital resources and linkages among producers, consumers, University resources, and institutions and organizations.
- Enhance networking opportunities
- Deepen the linkage between the University Outreach and Extension system and Missouri communities.
- Educate producers, consumers, and communities on sustainable farming and food systems.
To learn more about the CFSSA program contact Mary Hendrickson at 573-882-7463 or HendricksonM@missouri.edu.
[ Community Food Systems and Sustainable Agriculture Home Page ]