Missouri Dairy Business Update
Vermont Value-Added Dairy and Agritourism Tour
A tour of Vermont’s farmstead dairy producers and agritourism businesses is planned for the week of October 11th, 2015 to enable Missouri producers to explore niche marketing ideas. The 6 day, 5 night trip will be hosted by the University of Missouri, with travel support provided by a Value-Added Agriculture grant from the Missouri Agricultural and Small Business Development Authority (MASBDA).
Participants will have their airfare, lodging and their travel by rental van in Vermont paid by the grant. Participants will be responsible for all other expenses, such as meals, personal mileage to airport, parking, etc. A reservation fee of $100 (payable to the University of Missouri) will be used to support the trip and must be submitted with the application. If you are not selected, this fee will be refunded.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 15, 2015. Final selections will be notified prior to July 1, 2015.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact:
Ryan Milhollin, University of Missouri, 573-882-0668 or MilhollinR@missouri.edu
Marla Young, MASBDA, 573-751-2670 or Marla.Young@mda.mo.gov
- Only one person is eligible for travel assistance from a respective farm/business, but up to two persons from an operation are allowed if one pays their airfare.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old and a Missouri resident.
- Ranking of applicants will be based upon:
- 1st Priority: Applicants who have completed feasibility studies, marketing plans or business plans related to value-added dairy production
- 2nd Priority: Applicants who are currently engaged in value-added dairy product production and/or agro-tourism.
- 3rd Priority: Applicants who are now just considering value-added dairy production.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit the following information:
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Describe your dairy background, current operation, future plans, how you will utilize the information gained, and why you should be selected (250 words or less)
Applications will be reviewed and ranked by a panel of University, MASBDA and Missouri State Milk Board staff. Application information and reservation fee can be submitted by:
- Mail: Ryan Milhollin, MU Extension, 223 Mumford Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
- E-mail: MilhollinR@missouri.edu