Volume 25, Number 3
Monthly Beginning Farmer Webinars - IPM, Irrigation and Cold Storage
The Missouri Beginning Farmers Program's monthly webinars continue this month with another round of informative and exciting topics for beginning (as well as experienced) farmers.
The February monthly webinar will be on Farm Equipment - Tractor and Implement Sizing with Charles Ellis, University of Missouri Extension Ag and Natural Resources Engineer Specialist. Charlie has been working with tractors and farm equipment all his life. He continues to farm his family's farm as well as providing education to farmers on agricultural engineering information. He will be presenting on Monday, February 3rd from 7-8:30 pm.
To join the below webinars go to univmissouri.adobeconnect.com/debikelly and sign in under "guest" with your name. All webinars begin at 7 pm and end by 8:30 pm. Each webinar will be recorded and added to the Online Learning Community.
March 3 - NO WEBINAR
April 7 - Lot Development with Frank Wideman, University of Missouri Extension Regional Ag and Natural Resources Engineer Specialist.
May 5 - The Farmís Maintenance Calendar with Kent Shannon, University of Missouri Extension Regional Ag and Natural Resources Engineer Specialist.
In the meantime, check out the archived webinars. To view archived webinars, go to the Online Learning Community (OLC) and listen to them:
- February 2013 - Tractor and Equipment Sizing
- December 2013 - On-Farm Crop Storage: Planning, Design and Management
- November 2013 - Irrigation for Small Farms
- October 2013 - IPM Practices to Do Now for Next Season
- September 2013 - SARE Farmer/Ranch Grant Writing
- June 2013 - Sustaining Livestock Health
- May 2013- Ten Simple Steps to Safer Produce
- April 2013 - Cut Flowers
- March 2013 - On-Farm Poultry Processing
- February 2013 - Goats and Sheep
- November 2012 - Starting a CSA
- October 2012 - Grazing Sheep with Cover Crops
- September 2012 - SARE Farmer/Rancher Grant Writing
- May 2012 - Legal Issues in Direct Marketing
- April 2012 - Grazing Goats Folder Grazing Goats
- March 2012 - Financing for Beginning Farmers Folder Finance for Beginning
- February 2012 - GAPs and Food Safety Folder Good Agricultural Practices
- January 2012 - Assessing the Economics of Crop Choices on a Start-up Market
- December 2011 - Introduction to Rotational Grazing Folder Introduction to Rotational
- November 2011 - Value Added Rules and Regulations Folder Rules and Regulations: Compliance for Direct Marketing
- October 2011 - Beginning Beekeeping
- September 2011 - Grant Writing for the SARE Farmer/Rancher
- August 2011 - Direct Marketing Meat Folder Direct Marketing of Meat
- July 2011 - Selling Successfully at Farmers' Markets
- June 2011 - Social Media Marketing (marketing on the web)
- May 2011 - Introduction to Soil Management for Sustainable
- April 2011 - Organic Farming Introduction
- March 2011 - Pastured Poultry for the Beginning Farmer
- February 2011 - Getting Started Folder 10 Things to Think About When You Start Farming
[ Ag Opportunities Index ] -
[ AgEBB Home Page ] -
[ Comments ]