|News for Missouriís Master Gardeners
Master Gardeners in Costa Rica
February 7-19, 2002
Expanding Global Horticulture to Missouri Communities
Why an international Master
Gardener Study Trip?
The mission of Master Gardeners is "Helping Others
Learn to Grow."
As part of the outreach efforts of University Outreach
and Extension, Master Gardeners involve people in
improving the quality of life and enhancing the economy
and environment through horticultural education.
This study trip will enable you to view your own horti-cultural
environment through the eyes of another culture.
What can EGRET do for you?
- Increase your skills and knowledge of global horticulture
- Help you advance personally and professionally as a Master
- Give first-time travelers an opportunity to travel with a
- Expand your understanding of our global society
- Bring new creativity to your teaching and gardening approach
- Let you see our tropical houseplants growing in their native habitat
The EGRET Master Gardener Training to Costa Rica Includes:
- A pre-trip orientation session in January 2002 with locations to be announced.
- A 12-day horticulture study trip to Costa Rica in February 2002.
- Visits to La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Irazu Volcano National Park, Farmersí Markets, Lankaster Gardens, Wilson
Botanical Gardens, La Selva Forestry Station.
- Several nights stay at EARTH University, where we will visit a tropical forest and tour an eco-friendly plantation.
- Workshop trainings on Plants that Heal, Making Botanical Soaps and Shampoo and Forests that Bear Fruit.
- No requirement of language training.
Who is eligible to register?
- University Outreach and Extension Master Gardeners along with one non-Master Gardener traveling companion
- Master Gardeners desiring a new perspective on their horticultural programming
- Master Gardeners looking for an international experience
[ Back to Articles ]