North Missouri Produce Auction LLC
View sale reports from North Missouri Produce Auction
State Highway F
Jamesport, MO 64648
The North Missouri Produce Auction is a partnership owned by a number of local shareholders who constructed a facility near Jamesport for the purpose of selling produce, providing a market for interested growers along with a source of fresh produce. Perishable crops will be picked just hours before the sale.
The auction is directed to wholesale buyers, such as stores, roadside stands, farm market, etc. But anyone that can use produce in boxes or flat lots for canning, freezing, etc. is welcome to buy. There are always some small lots.
The idea of selling produce at auction was formed by several local growers who realized a need for a central point for growers and buyers to gather. Also, they had observed the huge success of similar auctions among the Mennonite and Amish communities.
All auctions start at 10:00 am except Mondays start at 12:00 Noon.
Graded and packed in standard containers
Selling by box, pallet or bin lots
The 2013 produce season starts on March 9 and runs through October 29.
|2013 Produce Auction Schedule|
|March 9, 15, 22, 28||Starts at 10:00 am||Flowers, vegetable plants and early produce|
|April 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30||Tuesday and Friday at 10:00 am||Flowers, vegetable plants and early produce|
|May 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31||Tuesday and Friday at 10:00 am||Flowers, greenhouse tomatoes and strawberries|
|June 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21||Tuesday and Friday at 10:00 am||Flowers, greenhouse tomatoes and strawberries|
|June 24, 26, 28||Monday at 12:00 pm, Wednesday and Friday at 10:00 am||Flowers, greenhouse tomatoes and strawberries|
|July 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29, 31||Monday at 12:00 pm, Wednesday and Friday at 10:00 am||Tomatoes, cantaloupe, sweet corn and full line of summer produce|
|August 2, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28, 30||Monday at 12:00 pm, Wednesday and Friday at 10:00 am||Tomatoes, cantaloupe, sweet corn and full line of summer produce|
|September 17: Special Pumpkin Day with lots of pumpkins|
|September 2, 4, 6 ||Monday at 12:00 pm, Wednesday and Friday at 10:00 am||Pumpkins and fall crops|
|September 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27||Tuesday and Friday at 10:00 am||Pumpkins and fall crops|
|October 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29||Tuesday and Friday at 10:00 am||Pumpkins and fall crops|
|2013 Consignment Auctions|
|January 5, 2013||Saturday at 10:00 am|
|February 9, 2013||Saturday at 10:00 am|
|March 9, 2013||Saturday at 10:00 am|
|November 9 & 23, 2013||Saturday at 10:00 am|
|December 7 & 21, 2013||Saturday at 10:00 am|
Terms and Conditions
- Anyone who grows produce within a 100 mile radius of North Missouri Produce Auction, whether a large commercial grower or a gardener with surplus vegetables, is welcome to consign. All others should make prior arrangements.
- Sellers that do not grow their own produce or are outside the 100 mile zone need prior approval from the auction board.
- There will be packaging restrictions to keep the product as uniform as possible. Ask for our packing and Grading Guide. New and used boxes will be available at the auction.
- There is a 9% commission charge to support the auction.
- Consigners will be assigned permanent numbers, enabling buyers to buy more consistently.
- Buyers need to have their sales tax number in our file or pay sales tax.
For more information, contact:
Auctioneer: Jeff Garber - Cell: 660-723-5272
Manager: Atlee Stutzman - Voice Mail 660-684-6092
Auction Market: Phone - 660-684-6844
Market Report Update Line: Phone - 712-432-8596
[ AgEBB Home Page ] -
[ Produce Auction Home ] -
[ Comments ]