Central Missouri Produce Auction, Inc.
The place to buy and sell local farm fresh produce & hanging baskets, bedding plants, plant starters for containers, pumpkins, fall decoration and pot mums.
Located in Central Missouri, on Highway E, 12 miles south of US 50 or 10 miles north of Versailles.
37808 Highway E
Fortuna MO 65034
Central Missouri Produce Auction, Inc, is a corporation owned by 28
shareholders, mostly growers. In the spring of 1994, we
constructed a new auction facility for the purpose of selling
produce, providing a market for interested growers along with a
source of fresh produce. Perishable crops are picked just hours
before the sale.
The auction is directed to wholesale buyers, such as stores,
roadside stands, farm markets, etc. But anyone that can use
produce for canning, freezing, etc is welcome to buy. There are
always some small lots.
The idea of selling produce at auction was formed by several local
growers who realized a need for a central point for growers and
buyers to gather. Also, they had observed the huge success of four
similar auctions among the Mennonite and Amish communities in
Our Mission to the Buyer is to provide first class service along with
a premium quality product.
Our Mission to the Grower is to provide a dependable wholsale outlet
for the local producers of the horticulture commodities.
|2017 Auction Schedule |
Seasonal Produce & Flower Auctions
|Auctions every Monday, Wednesday & Friday|
|April 1 to October 31||Mondays - 12:00 p.m. noon|
Wednesday & Fridays - 10:00 a.m.
|*Wednesdays in November if needed|
|Winter Plant & Plug Auctions|
Starter Plants for Greenhouse Production
|Wednesdays - 10:00 a.m.|
|February||8 & 22|
|March||1, 8, 15, 22 & 29|
|Greenhouse & Produce Equipment Consignment Auction|
|Wednesday - 10:00 a.m.|
|Auctions on Memorial Day & Labor Day!|
- Just Picked for Freshness and Flavor
- Graded and Packed in Standard Containers
- Selling By Box, Pallet or Bin Lots
- Order Buyer Service Available for Approved Customers
Selling in season: strawberries, tomatoes, cantaloupes, sweet corn, green beans, zucchini, watermelons, peppers, cucumbers, pumpkins, ornamental corn, gourds, pot mums and flowers.
Terms and Conditions
- Anyone who grows produce within a 100 mile radius of Central Missouri Produce Auction is welcome to consign. All others should make prior arrangements.
- Produce that is grown within a 25 mile radius of Central Missouri Produce Auction will be sold first.
- Commission rate is 8%.
- Cosigner is encouraged to be in compliance with food safety standards (GAPS).
- There are packaging restrictions to keep the product as uniform as possible. Ask for our Packaging and Grading Guide. New boxes will be available at the auction.
- Consigners will be assigned permanent numbers, enabling buyers to buy more consistently.
- Buyers need to have their sales tax number in our file or pay sales tax.
- This auction has a NO No-Sale policy.
- Thank you for helping us run an efficient and fast-paced auction
For more information, contact:
John Shirk, Manager
Auction Days Only: 660-337-6227
No Sunday calls, please!
Auction Market Report: 712-432-8570
[ AgEBB Home Page ] -
[ Produce Auction Home ] -
[ Comments ]