Central Missouri Produce Auction, Inc.
Located in Central Missouri, on Highway E, 12 miles south of US 50 or 10 miles north of Versailles.
37808 Highway E
Fortuna MO 65034
Auction Facility - 660-337-6227
(Auction days only - No Sunday calls please)
Central Missouri Produce Auction, Inc, is a corporation owned by 28
shareholders, mostly growers. In the spring of 1994, we
constructed a new auction facility for the purpose of selling
produce, providing a market for interested growers along with a
source of fresh produce. Perishable crops are picked just hours
before the sale.
The auction is directed to wholesale buyers, such as stores,
roadside stands, farm markets, etc. But anyone that can use
produce for canning, freezing, etc is welcome to buy. There are
always some small lots.
The idea of selling produce at auction was formed by several local
growers who realized a need for a central point for growers and
buyers to gather. Also, they had observed the huge success of four
similar auctions among the Mennonite and Amish communities in
|2013 Auction Schedule|
|Winter Plant & Plug Auctions|
Starter Plants for Greenhouse Production
|Wednesdays - 10:00 AM|
|February||6, 20, & 27|
|March||6, 13, 20, & 27|
|Greenhouse & Produce Equipment Consignment Auction|
|Wednesday - 10:00 AM|
|Seasonal Flower & Produce Auctions|
|Auctions every Monday, Wednesday & Friday|
|April 1 to October 31||Mondays - 12:00 noon|
Wednesday & Fridays - 10:00 AM
|*Wednesdays in November if needed|
|Auctions on Memorial Day & Labor Day|
- Just Picked for Freshness and Flavor
- Graded and Packed in Standard Containers
- Selling By Box, Pallet or Bin Lots
- Order Buyer Service Available
Selling in season: strawberries, tomatoes, cantaloupes, sweet corn, green beans, zucchini, watermelons, peppers, cucumbers, pumpkins, ornamental corn, gourds, pot mums, flowers.
Terms and Conditions
- Anyone who grows produce within a 100 mile radius of Central Missouri Produce Auction, whether a large commercial grower or a gardener with surplus vegetables, is welcome to consign. All others should make prior arrangements.
- Commission rate is 8%.
- Cosigner asked to be in compliance with food safety standards.
- There will be packaging restrictions to keep the product as uniform as possible. Ask for our Packing and Grading Guide. New and used boxes will be available at the auction.
- Consigners will be assigned permanent numbers, enabling buyers to buy more consistently.
- Buyers need to have their sales tax number in our file or pay sales tax.
- The auction has a NO No-Sale policy.
For more information, contact:
James Ramer, Manager
Auction Days Only: 660-337-6227
No Sunday calls please!
Auction Market Report: 712-432-8570
[ AgEBB Home Page ] -
[ Produce Auction Home ] -
[ Comments ]