July 7-8, 2015
This conference was held in Springfield, Missouri. Farm tours were held to local pasture-based dairy operations on day one of the conference. Presentations were given by university faculty, industry and dairy producers on the latest information related to dairy grazing systems on day two.
Agenda and Proceedings
- 2015 Conference Agenda
Wednesday, July 8
- Choosing the System that Works for You - Risks and Rewards
Stacey Hamilton, University of Missouri Extension
- Forage Energy and Digestibility
David Combs, Professor of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin
- Innovative Traits and New Technologies for Forage Plants
Mike Trammell, Plant Breeder, The Noble Foundation
- Breeding to Beef Bulls: Costs and Benefits
Colten Green, Genex Cooperative, Inc.
- Accelerated Heifer Feeding and Lactational Influence
Scott Poock, Dairy Veterinarian, University of Missouri Extension
- Missouri Novel Endophyte Fescue Trials
Sarah Kenyon, Regional Agronomy Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
- Risks and Rewards of Synchronization
Matt Lucy, Professor of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri
- Missouri Dairy Grazing Apprenticeship Program
Duane Kaiser, Education Coordinator, Dairy Grazing Apprenticeship
Our thanks to all of our sponsors for their valuable support of this conference.