Building Web Pages - How and Why?
Presented by AgEBB Staff
Why build a webpage?
- To sell or market a product or service
- To present information for an interested audience
- To provide a collection of links
- To keep in touch with family
- . . . everyone else is doing it
How do I begin building a webpage?
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of HTML (HyperText Markup Language)
- Look around the internet at other webpages and determine what you like and do not like
- View the source of webpages that you like and see how they were created
- this can usually be done by clicking on the menu option "View" in your browser
- Design your website on paper first so you have a basic template
- state your intent clearly when you start, and keep it in mind as your site evolves
- You can use several applications to create your website:
- text editors (ie: Notepad, UltraEdit, etc.)
- web authoring software (ie: MS Front Page, Web Edit, Netscape Composer, BBEdit, Adobe GoLive, etc.)
- Example Web page
- Helpful guides to designing your website: